How do you make your online marketing budget count?
You may have read last week’s Smart Marketing blog post about how consumers are using the Internet more these days to browse and buy.
Businesses are catching on, and if you haven’t already, you know that you need to. Nielson’s latest Global AdView Pulse Q2 2012 report (as seen on nielson.com) shows Internet marketing spending is up by 7.2% overall.
Surprise: online advertising costs are going up, too. And with more and more businesses putting their brand offers, coupons and advertising online, the digital marketplace is more competitive than ever.
Everyone, from large to small businesses, is feeling the financial squeeze. A recent article in The New York Times reports that businesses are paying more for online marketing, but aren’t always seeing a corresponding increase in sales. Businesses are starting to look for more cost-effective, higher conversion alternatives to familiar online advertising methods, such as pay-per-click (PPC).
What would spending $100 a month get you?
As a Global Coupon business member, quite a lot:
- Your own business website link—which brands you and your products and services in the long term, guaranteed.
- Your own targeted local consumer reach—which increases your chance of converting browsers into buyers, guaranteed.
- Your own dedicated online advertising and branding space—which you can use in all your messaging to drive consumers to your Global Coupon business listing page or your company’s ecommerce website, guaranteed.
- Your own online coupon marketing area—which you can use to post as many brand offers and coupons/vouchers as you like per month, guaranteed.
- Your own self-directed online marketing outlet—which means you tell Global Coupon how much money you want to spend, and which local-to-global markets you want to spend your money in, guaranteed.
- Your own scalable, online marketing presence—which means that you can use Global Coupon as your business expands into, or tests out, new markets, guaranteed.
- Your own vital brand presence—which means you are brand-present in relevant business listing categories that place your business, brands, products and services with a competitive advantage, in the locations you currently sell to and wish to expand into, guaranteed.
- Your own biddable advertising arena (launching Spring 2013) —which means you have exclusive access to the Global Coupon Bid My Deal® e-distribution system, a bidding platform where your branding and/or business promotions are sent through targeted outbound, personalized email distribution to consumer and business subscribers worldwide (based on their product, service and location preferences).
What are some of the alternatives?
You could be spending upwards of $10,000 a month on PPC alone. And in comparison, be spending about $300 for a traditional 3 line text ad in a local newspaper that gets you 2–3 days of limited exposure with no campaign features, images, video capability, share tools, social tools, or inbound/outbound marketing tools, and little flexibility or control.
What’s even better than spending $100/month on online marketing?
Getting a month of free, unlimited online marketing when you sign up your business with Global Coupon today.
More features will be added in the coming weeks and months, including biddable advertising on our platform, and a powerful affiliate program.
Bookmark us! The next Smart Marketing blog will be just a click away.